WHQR Will Select Two CoastLine Guests from the Community – Show’s Title: Community Perspectives on Guns. These Selected Guests will come to the WHQR Public Media Studio, on Thursday, March 22, 2018 from 11:30-1:00.
WHQR Public Media is announcing the selection process for the two guest spots on CoastLine, WHQR’s live, call-in, twice-weekly public affairs show: Community Perspectives on Guns. Applicants are invited to write a well-formulated response (500-1,000 words) outlining their perspective on guns. We are selecting the following guests: 1) A Gun Control Advocate 2) A Second Amendment Advocate. Each guest will have his/her own segment to discuss his/her position with CoastLine’s Host. If the applicant is selected, he/she must be available for the Thursday, March 22nd date (11:30-1:00), and be able to cogently defend and/or present his/her perspective. No professional spokespeople, please.
Timeline of Response Submission and Selection:
- Response Submission Deadline: Wednesday, March 14 @ 5:00 p.m. All response submissions are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Community Perspective on Guns. You must include your name and contact phone number at the bottom of your response.
- Notification of Guest Selection: Friday, March 16 by 3:00 p.m. Notifications will only go to the selected participants of the show. The CoastLine Producer will have brief phone conversation with you prior to your appearance.
- Acceptance of Attendance: Monday, March 19 by 9:00 a.m. After your official acceptance, you will then receive further information on show day logistics. If you do not accept by this time, then the guest spot will be given to another applicant.
- Responses must have appropriate facts, statistics, anecdotes, testimonials to support the applicant’s position. When applicable, these need to be cited appropriately.
- Responses must have an overarching thesis/theme that unifies the response.
- Responses must be at least a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1,000 words.
- A response sent to email@example.com implies that WHQR Public Media can use part or all of your response on the live show with accreditation.
Questions? Contact CoastLine Producer Rachel Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-343-1640 ext. 215.