Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue October 18, 2011
Report: Truck With Obama's Teleprompter Stolen
"A truck filled with President Obama's podiums and audio equipment," including a teleprompter from which he reads prepared remarks and the presidential seal he stands behind, was stolen from a hotel parking lot in Henrico, Va., on Monday, local WWBT-TV reports.
The vehicle was discovered a short time later outside another local hotel. The TV station says it isn't yet known whether everything inside was recovered.
An unnamed "Defense Information Systems Agency" spokesperson tells the station that "no classified or sensitive information was in the vehicle."
We'll leave it to others (that means you, commenters) to speculate about how going without his teleprompter might affect the president (or most any politician, for that matter). It's safe to say, though, that a backup teleprompter is probably always available.
The president is in the middle of a bus tour through North Carolina and Virginia.