Most Active Stories
- John Boehner Foe Targets 'Electile' Dysfunction
- FSB Encore from Mac & Juice and Jim Ashley
- New Moral Movies Film Series Intends to Highlight Social Issues and Spur Community Discussion
- Cinematique: "Enemy" (New Time, 7PM)
- UNCW Business Leaders Ask Cape Fear Region's Top Five Employers to Reveal Their Needs
Mon October 1, 2012
Real estate market may have bottomed out; part of discussion at UNCW's Economic Outlook Conference
Why is the unemployment rate in North Carolina so stubborn?
Have we hit the bottom of the real estate market in this area? Is it getting easier for small businesses to borrow money? And can marine biotechnology be an economic game-changer for the Cape Fear region?
All these questions and more will be explored at UNCW’s 9th Annual Economic Outlook Conference on October 9th.
WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn sat down with one of the lead presenters at the conference – Dr. Woody Hall – for a preview.
Dr. Woody Hall is Senior Economist at the Swain Center for Business and Economic Services and a Professor of Economics at the Cameron School of Business at UNCW.
For information on how to attend UNCW’s 9th Annual Economic Outlook Conference October 9th, visit the website of the conference at http://www.csb.uncw.edu/cbes/conf/eoc/index.htm.