Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Sun January 25, 2009
Rare Predators in the Snow
"Calling (the Venus' Fly Trap) rare is an understatement any time of year; but rarest indeed is a fly trap surrounded by snow."
By Andy Wood
Wilmington, NC – Snow is a rare treat in this part of the world, and it is a great excuse to wander around outdoors when cold temperatures might dictate otherwise.
Andy Wood is education curator for Audubon North Carolina and author of "Backyard Carolina"- a collection of his WHQR commentaries.