Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Sun January 25, 2009
Rare Predators in the Snow
"Calling (the Venus' Fly Trap) rare is an understatement any time of year; but rarest indeed is a fly trap surrounded by snow."
By Andy Wood
Wilmington, NC – Snow is a rare treat in this part of the world, and it is a great excuse to wander around outdoors when cold temperatures might dictate otherwise.
Andy Wood is education curator for Audubon North Carolina and author of "Backyard Carolina"- a collection of his WHQR commentaries.