Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Mon December 12, 2011
Rachel Lewis Hilburn talks with Brunswick Ballet Company Artistic Director Haley Hayes
"Nutcracker Under The Sea" tells the traditional story of Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker" while putting a coastal Carolina spin on the tale.
Artistic Director Haley Hayes from the Brunswick Ballet Company dropped in to WHQR's studios on Monday, December 12th to explain the unique twist on this iconic Christmas Eve ballet -- which includes a Cape Fear salt marsh setting and a fight with the notorious pirate Blackbeard.
Brunswick Ballet Company will present two performances of Nutcracker Under The Sea: Sat, Dec. 17 at 7:30pm and Sun, Dec. 18 at 3pm
For tickets or more information, call the Odell Williamson Auditorium Box Office at 910.755.7416 or visit them online at www.bccowa.com.