Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed December 20, 2006
A Push for Local Java At UNCW
By Gary Popp
Wilmington, NC – A UNCW student is trying to persuade the university into bringing a Wilmington coffee shop onto campus.
The university is looking to open a coffee shop inside the Randall Library. Graduate student David Harris-Gershon caught wind of the plan and started circulating a petition to bring in Folk's Caf .
More than 700 people have signed the online petition,and Harris-Gershon says opening up the campus to a local coffee shop could boost the university's ties to the community.
Folk's Caf owner Allan Swart says knew nothing of the university's plans until Harris-Gershon called and asked if it was okay to push for the caf .
The university says it's weighing several factors including price.