Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Wed December 20, 2006
A Push for Local Java At UNCW
By Gary Popp
Wilmington, NC – A UNCW student is trying to persuade the university into bringing a Wilmington coffee shop onto campus.
The university is looking to open a coffee shop inside the Randall Library. Graduate student David Harris-Gershon caught wind of the plan and started circulating a petition to bring in Folk's Caf .
More than 700 people have signed the online petition,and Harris-Gershon says opening up the campus to a local coffee shop could boost the university's ties to the community.
Folk's Caf owner Allan Swart says knew nothing of the university's plans until Harris-Gershon called and asked if it was okay to push for the caf .
The university says it's weighing several factors including price.