Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- John Lithgow on the Duality of a Character, Finding the Sources of Pride and Shame
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
June 9th, 2014 @ 7PM
Fri March 21, 2014
Prologue: "A Whistleblower’s Lament" by Judge Stuart Namm
Join Ben Steelman of Star News with retired Judge Stuart Namm for a lively discussion of his memoir A Whistleblower’s Lament.
June 9th, 7 - 8pm
in WHQR's MC Erny Gallery
254 N. Front Street, Third Floor
This is a free event
About the Author:
Once hailed as “the Serpico of Judges” (Hollywood Reporter), Namm created a furor in the 1980s for exposing corruption and incompetence in the criminal justice system of Suffolk County, N.Y. (He also campaigned on behalf of at least one defendant who’d been wrongly convicted of murdering his parents.) In the end, political opponents succeeded in having him forcibly “retired” from the New York state bench.
About the Book:
A Whistleblower's Lament is Judge Stuart Namm's compelling, personal account of his life in the law and politics, and the events that brought it to an end. Three weeks after leaving New York (the result of his role as a "whistleblower"), he was the first recipient of the Justice Thurgood Marshall award and two other prestigious awards, including a lifetime membership in the NAACP.
Find his book and learn more about Namm's compelling story on Amazon.com.
Listen to Novelist Wiley Cash!
May 12th, 2014 @ 7pm
April 14th, 2014 @7pm