Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
July 8, 7pm @WHQR
Mon July 1, 2013
Prologue: David Macinnis Gill, Author of "Shadow on the Sun"
Join Ben Steelman of StarNews and science fiction author David Macinnis Gill for light refreshments and a discussion of the author's new book Shadow on the Sun.
July 8, 7 - 8pm
in WHQR's MC Erny Gallery
254 N. Front Street, Third Floor
About the Author:
UNCW Education Professor David Macinnis Gill lives with his family in Wilmington, North Carolina. He is the author of Black Hole Sun, Invisible Sun, and Shadow on the Sun, as well as Soul Enchilada.
About Shadow on the Sun:
In this third installment of his "Durango Series," Macinnis Gill places a familiar cast of characters in new, exiting extraterrestrial situations. Durango finds that his powerful father has slated him to become the Prince of Mars, but Durango will push back and somehow find a way to protect his friends and allies.