Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- In the MC Erny Gallery: Pieced Together by Elizabeth Singletary and Robert Salemme
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
March 17th, 2014 @7pm
Fri January 31, 2014
Prologue: "This Dark Road to Mercy" by Wiley Cash
Join Ben Steelman of Star News with bestselling author Wiley Cash for a lively discussion of This Dark Road to Mercy.
March 17th, 7 - 8pm
in WHQR's MC Erny Gallery
254 N. Front Street, Third Floor
About the Author:
Wiley Cash is the author of A Land More Kind Than Home and This Dark Road to Mercy. He an M.A. in English from the University of North Carolina-Greensboro and a Ph.D. in English from the University of Louisiana-Lafayette. He teaches in the Low-Residency MFA Program in Fiction and Nonfiction Writing at Southern New Hampshire University. A native of North Carolina, he and his wife live in Wilmington.
About the Book:
Hailed as "mesmerizing" (New York Times Book Review) and "as if Cormac McCarthy decided to rewrite Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird" (Richmond Times-Dispatch), A Land More Kind Than Home made Wiley Cash an instant literary sensation. His resonant new novel, This Dark Road to Mercy, is a tale of love and atonement, blood and vengeance, a story that involves two young sisters, a wayward father, and an enemy determined to see him pay for his sins.
[Bio and Book Info Credit: WileyCash.Com]
Listen to Lee and Steelman
February 10th, 2014 @7pm