Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Beach Renourishment as Shoreline Protection Tool
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
- North Topsail working to Remove Rocks on Beach; Requesting Extension on Sand Project
- Residents Fight Mark Twain National Forest Restoration Plan
July 15, 7pm @WHQR
Tue July 9, 2013
Prologue: Award Winning Author Jill McCorkle
Join Ben Steelman of StarNews for light refreshments and a special discussion with Lumberton native Jill McCorkle, who’ll be talking about her first novel in 17 years, Life After Life.
July 15, 7 - 8pm
in WHQR's MC Erny Gallery
254 N. Front Street, Third Floor
McCorkle is one of the most distinguished novelists to emerge in North Carolina since the 1980s, the author of “Ferris Beach” (set partly in Brunswick County), “Carolina Moon,” “Tending to Virginia and a number of short story collections. She has received the North Carolina Award for literature and the John Dos Passos Prize.
“Great writing, poignancy, humor, wisdom—all are in abundance here. Jill McCorkle is one of the South’s greatest writers; she is also one of America’s.” —Ron Rash, author of Serena and The Cove