Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
It's All Politics
Sat January 21, 2012
On Primary Day In South Carolina, Even Weddings Get Political
Originally published on Sat January 21, 2012 6:50 pm
There are water fountains, park benches, churches and expensive restaurants and then there are presidential candidates' headquarters, now making the list of places to take wedding photos.
Especially if you're a part of this wedding party getting hitched on primary day in South Carolina.
NPR's Don Gonyea tweeted this photo of the bride and her bridesmaids while preparing to cover the results of Saturday's first-in-the-South vote.
The wedding couple are holding their service in a chapel next door to Santorum's headquarters, which is on the campus of Citadel in Charleston. In a state currently in the spotlight of the GOP presidential primary race, even they couldn't resist adding a political backdrop to their wedding day album.