Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
It's All Politics
Sat January 21, 2012
On Primary Day In South Carolina, Even Weddings Get Political
Originally published on Sat January 21, 2012 6:50 pm
There are water fountains, park benches, churches and expensive restaurants and then there are presidential candidates' headquarters, now making the list of places to take wedding photos.
Especially if you're a part of this wedding party getting hitched on primary day in South Carolina.
NPR's Don Gonyea tweeted this photo of the bride and her bridesmaids while preparing to cover the results of Saturday's first-in-the-South vote.
The wedding couple are holding their service in a chapel next door to Santorum's headquarters, which is on the campus of Citadel in Charleston. In a state currently in the spotlight of the GOP presidential primary race, even they couldn't resist adding a political backdrop to their wedding day album.