Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Fri March 7, 2014
Originally published on Sat March 8, 2014 12:03 pm
PETER SAGAL, HOST:
Now, panel, what new words will we see on the SAT? Faith Salie.
FAITH SALIE: In an effort to preserve some old school SAT words but add some relevant pop culture, two new words are chiwetelejioforebearance and lupitanyongoprobrium.
SAGAL: Mike Birbiglia.
MIKE BIRBIGLIA: A future SAT word will be Facebook, example sentence, Remember Facebook?
SAGAL: And Adam Felber.
ADAM FELBER: The word will be perfect as in that thing that each and every one of you snowflakes are. Ah, just now take your 1,600 and go, you scamps.
CARL KASELL: Well, if any of those words appear, panel, we'll ask you about it on WAIT WAIT...DON'T TELL ME!
SAGAL: Thank you, Carl Kasell. Thanks also to Adam Felber, Faith Salie, and Mike Birbiglia. Mike, it's good to have you here.
(SOUNDBITE OF CHEERING)
SAGAL: I'm Peter Sagal, and we will see you next week.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
KASELL: This is NPR. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.