Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Fri October 4, 2013
Originally published on Thu January 2, 2014 12:57 pm
PETER SAGAL, HOST:
Now, panel, what will be the silver lining of the government shutdown? Roxanne Roberts.
ROXANNE ROBERTS: Tea Party conservatives, using their spare time, will pick up that nice autobiography of Shirley Jones and will be so shocked they will be unable to speak for a week.
SAGAL: Could happen. Charlie Pierce.
CHARLIE PIERCE: Next on C-SPAN, Booktalk with Brian Lamm and Honey Boo Boo.
SAGAL: And Maz Jobrani.
MAZ JOBRANI: John Boehner will be forced to spend time inside the Capitol building trying to find a resolution making him lose his tan and helping him once again find his natural color.
CARL KASELL: Well, if we see any of these benefits, panel, we'll ask you about it on WAIT, WAIT...DON'T TELL ME!
SAGAL: Thank you, Carl Kasell. Thanks also to Maz Jobrani, Roxanne Roberts, Charlie Pierce, all of you for listening. I'm Peter Sagal. We'll see you next week.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
SAGAL: This is NPR. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.