Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Fri August 10, 2012
Originally published on Sat August 11, 2012 11:07 am
PETER SAGAL, HOST:
Now, panel, what will the Rover discover on Mars? Roy Blount Jr.?
ROY BLOUNT JR: Well it's kind of sad. We discover that Curiosity landed on the only cat on Mars.
SAGAL: Amy Dickinson?
AMY DICKINSON: Well, I've been looking for my car keys for a long time, so I'm hoping.
SAGAL: And Tom Bodett?
TOM BODETT: It'll find Waldo, the Beef, Carmen, San Diego and Obama's birth certificate.
CARL KASELL: Well, if the Mars Rover finds any of that, panel, we'll ask you about it on WAIT WAIT...DON'T TELL ME!.
SAGAL: Thank you Carl Kasell. Thanks also to Roy Blount Jr,, Amy Dickinson, and Mr. Tom Bodett.
SAGAL: Thanks to Charles Beck, Kate Cox, and everyone at the Maine Public Broadcasting Network. Thanks to the staff and crew at the Merrill Auditorium, and thanks to this wonderful crowd here in Portland, Maine, and thanks to all of you for listening. I am Peter Sagal. We will see you next week.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
SAGAL: Peter: this is NPR. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.