Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Fri June 8, 2012
Originally published on Sat June 9, 2012 11:32 am
PETER SAGAL, HOST:
Now, panel, what problem will Disney solve next? Mr. P.J. O'Rourke?
P.J. O'ROURKE: Peace, love and understanding, which is why they're getting rid of Donald Duck.
SAGAL: Roxanne Roberts?
ROXANNE ROBERTS: It will save the Miss Universe pageant by allowing women, women who used to be men, fairy princesses and transgendered mice with big ears.
SAGAL: And Mo Rocca?
MO ROCCA: To help find a cure for a host of chronic diseases, Disney will donate Mickey and Minnie to a lab for testing.
CARL KASELL: Well, if Disney does any of those things, panel, we'll ask you about it on WAIT WAIT...DON'T TELL ME!
SAGAL: Thank you, Carl Kasell. Thanks also to P.J. O'Rourke, Roxanne Roberts and Mo Rocca.
SAGAL: Thanks this week to Blythe Haga, Lettie Holman and everyone at WAMU Washington. Thanks to our fabulous audience here at the Music Center at Strathmore in North Bethesda, Maryland. Thanks to all of you for listening. I'm Peter Sagal, and we'll see you next week.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
SAGAL: This is NPR. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.