Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed May 23, 2012
PPD names David Simmons as new Chairman, CEO
Pharmaceutical Product Development – better known as PPD in Wilmington – announced this morning that it’s Board of Directors has named a new chairman and CEO.
David Simmons, an experienced pharmaceutical industry executive, joins PPD from Pfizer Inc., where he served as president and general manager of the emerging markets and established products business units. Mr. Simmons begins his new role June 4th and will be based in PPD's headquarters in downtown Wilmington.
The previous CEO, Raymond Hill, joined PPD in September of last year, shepherded the public company through a private equity sale, and then resigned in December.
Mr. Simmons joins PPD following 15 years with Pfizer in several senior roles. He earned his degree in applied mathematics and industrial management from Carnegie-Mellon University.