Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fri September 1, 2006
Port to Port: Lessons Learned
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The Port of New Orleans not only got hit with Hurricane Katrina, but the floods from broken levies that flooded out the homes of many port employees. By keeping in touch with its employees the port pulled in the staff and gathered some lessons learned for other port authorities.