Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Fri March 16, 2012
Pope Benedict Has His Own Custom Cologne
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Pope Benedict has something of a reputation for style. He's been seen wearing Gucci sunglasses and his red Prada loafers earned him the title of Accessorizer of the Year by Esquire. Now the pope has his own scent. An Italian perfume maker was commissioned by the Vatican to create the custom cologne. The exact formula is top secret, but it's rumored to have hints of lime, verbena and grass, presumably reflecting the pontiff's love of nature. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.