Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed October 24, 2012
The Politicians In Opera Puzzler
Originally published on Wed October 24, 2012 12:35 pm
As the presidential campaign heads into the homestretch, with binders, bayonets and a profusion of political ads, perhaps it's time to step back from the election hubbub. Instead of fumbling for your smartphone to decipher the latest poll results, put on your thinking cap and focus on the famous (and infamous) politicians in opera.
Below is a gallery of monarchs, senators and presidents, all of whom have their diva moments onstage. Your job: Listen to the music clip containing a famous operatic politician, then drag the clip to the appropriate image (where the officeholder's name is revealed along with the name of the opera he or she appears in). Get them all right and control the Electoral College. Get them wrong and you'll have to make other plans for Inauguration Day.