Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Fri December 20, 2013
Police Recover Heroin Packets Stamped 'Obamacare'
Police in Massachusetts on Friday pulled over a suspicious automobile and after conducting a search, recovered more than a thousand small packets of heroin stamped "Obamacare" and "Kurt Cobain."
Four people were arrested after the traffic stop in Northampton in which 1,250 of the packets were found.
Police say the car driver committed several violations, prompting the stop. He was later found to be unlicensed.
The Associated Press says a state police dog found the contraband:
"State police Lt. Daniel Richard says it's not unusual for heroin to be stamped with numbers, words or symbols to identify who's selling it. But he says the 'Obamacare' stamp is one he hadn't heard of."
No explanation was immediately available.
The Massachusetts State Police posted photos on Facebook.