Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Mon October 1, 2012
Plague Of Crickets Brings Nuisance, Stink To Waco
Originally published on Mon October 1, 2012 7:47 pm
Audie Cornish speaks with Scott Halvorson, manager of Drug Emporium, about the cricket problems he's having at his business in Waco, Texas, this year. Moist, mild conditions last winter have resulted in something resembling a cricket plague. Member station KWBU assisted with the sound for this story.