Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
This Is NPR
Wed June 20, 2012
Pie Week Heats Up at NPR HQ
Originally published on Wed December 19, 2012 11:59 am
In preparation for Pie Week (airing July 2-7), and just in time for the 4th of July, Morning Edition and The Salt are asking listeners and staff to weigh in on the food that never misses a picnic: pie. The research got heated yesterday at an in-house pie contest where NPR staff submitted sweet and savory treats representing regions across the country.
Taste-testers (in-house, and virtual salavators) vied for their favorite submissions on Twitter (#pieweek). Taking the, um, cake: Bubbe Pavone's Honey Caramel Peach Pie, baked by NPR's Jessica Pavone. The Salt awarded Pavone her virtual blue ribbon this afternoon in a post about what flavors of pies are most popular with American consumers.
Check out a few of the other entries below, which included the British toffee treat Banoffi, a Game of Thrones inspired meat pie (above) and a pizza pie, among others.