Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Mon November 12, 2012
Petraeus' Downfall May Have Grown Out Of Jealousy
Originally published on Mon November 12, 2012 5:47 pm
The downfall of CIA Director David Petraeus appears to have grown out of jealousy. He had been having an affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell, and she allegedly sent harassing emails to a woman in Florida she thought was too close to Petraeus. Now the discussion is turning to what people knew and when they knew it and why this explosive story came out just days after the election. Audie Cornish talks to Dina Temple-Raston.