Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Mon January 22, 2007
Pender County Picks New County Manager
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Pender County has its new county manager. Lori Brill is currently Onslow County's assistant manager and public information officer.
Brill has worked for Onslow County for nearly seven years, and will slide south into the Pender County Manager's job next month.
Chairman of the Pender County Commissioners F.D. Rivenbark says he thinks Brill is capable of grappling with Pender County's rapid growth.
The fact that she is so nearby, that she knows about what's going on in Pender County already. But her background and employment over the years speaks to what we need in a county manager at this crucial time in the history of our county.
Brill says she will first look at where the county has been and talk with county commissioners before deciding where Pender County will go in the future.
Brill says she starts her new job on February 19th.