Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon January 22, 2007
Pender County Picks New County Manager
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Pender County has its new county manager. Lori Brill is currently Onslow County's assistant manager and public information officer.
Brill has worked for Onslow County for nearly seven years, and will slide south into the Pender County Manager's job next month.
Chairman of the Pender County Commissioners F.D. Rivenbark says he thinks Brill is capable of grappling with Pender County's rapid growth.
The fact that she is so nearby, that she knows about what's going on in Pender County already. But her background and employment over the years speaks to what we need in a county manager at this crucial time in the history of our county.
Brill says she will first look at where the county has been and talk with county commissioners before deciding where Pender County will go in the future.
Brill says she starts her new job on February 19th.