Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue September 26, 2006
Pender County Gets Development Grant
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Governor Mike Easley announced yesterday Pender County will get a nearly $300,000 development grant.
The money will go toward renovating and equipping a facility at Cape Fear Community College in Burgaw that teaches entrepreneurs commercial food preparation.
The facility will also help the develop product lines from produce grown in the area such as blueberries.
Pender is one of seven rural counties that received Community Development Block Grants.