Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue September 26, 2006
Pender County Gets Development Grant
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Governor Mike Easley announced yesterday Pender County will get a nearly $300,000 development grant.
The money will go toward renovating and equipping a facility at Cape Fear Community College in Burgaw that teaches entrepreneurs commercial food preparation.
The facility will also help the develop product lines from produce grown in the area such as blueberries.
Pender is one of seven rural counties that received Community Development Block Grants.