Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue September 26, 2006
Pender County Gets Development Grant
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Governor Mike Easley announced yesterday Pender County will get a nearly $300,000 development grant.
The money will go toward renovating and equipping a facility at Cape Fear Community College in Burgaw that teaches entrepreneurs commercial food preparation.
The facility will also help the develop product lines from produce grown in the area such as blueberries.
Pender is one of seven rural counties that received Community Development Block Grants.