Most Active Stories
- John Boehner Foe Targets 'Electile' Dysfunction
- FSB Encore from Mac & Juice and Jim Ashley
- New Moral Movies Film Series Intends to Highlight Social Issues and Spur Community Discussion
- UNCW Business Leaders Ask Cape Fear Region's Top Five Employers to Reveal Their Needs
- Cinematique: "Enemy" (New Time, 7PM)
Mon June 11, 2007
Passenger Numbers Taking Flight
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – With the summer travel season taking off, the Federal Aviation Administration expects 200-million people to fly this summer.
Some of those travelers will take off from the Wilmington airport. Director of the Wilmington International Airport, Jon Rosborough says 2005 was a banner year.
That's the year some 700,000 people flew in to and out of ILM. During the first five months of this year Rosborough says more than 730,000 passengers have passed through the airport.
Rosborough talks with WHQR's Catherine Welch about flying out of ILM.