Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon June 11, 2007
Passenger Numbers Taking Flight
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – With the summer travel season taking off, the Federal Aviation Administration expects 200-million people to fly this summer.
Some of those travelers will take off from the Wilmington airport. Director of the Wilmington International Airport, Jon Rosborough says 2005 was a banner year.
That's the year some 700,000 people flew in to and out of ILM. During the first five months of this year Rosborough says more than 730,000 passengers have passed through the airport.
Rosborough talks with WHQR's Catherine Welch about flying out of ILM.