Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu December 15, 2011
Panic in the Department Store
Five-year-old Philip Gerard had little to look forward to on his annual back-to-school trip to the mall.
As usual, he would be purchased one new pair of khaki pants, his old ones sagging to the ground after a full year's use. But a routine trip down the escalator would provide more excitement than he could have imagined, and one pair more than usual of his standard khakis.