Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed October 26, 2011
One Husband, Three Wives: Real-Life 'Love'
The family who helped inspire the hit HBO series Big Love has written a tell-all of sorts: A new book called Love Times Three: Our True Story Of A Polygamous Marriage.
In it, Joe, Alina, Vicki and Valerie — the Dargers — take readers into their world of plural marriage, parenting 23 children and living in a community that views polygamy with scorn. The Dargers are independent fundamentalists and are not recognized by any organized religion.
Joe and Alina Darger join NPR's Neal Conan to talk about the choices they've made, and how they get by in a world in which polygamy is illegal.