Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed October 26, 2011
One Husband, Three Wives: Real-Life 'Love'
The family who helped inspire the hit HBO series Big Love has written a tell-all of sorts: A new book called Love Times Three: Our True Story Of A Polygamous Marriage.
In it, Joe, Alina, Vicki and Valerie — the Dargers — take readers into their world of plural marriage, parenting 23 children and living in a community that views polygamy with scorn. The Dargers are independent fundamentalists and are not recognized by any organized religion.
Joe and Alina Darger join NPR's Neal Conan to talk about the choices they've made, and how they get by in a world in which polygamy is illegal.