Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue November 10, 2009
"At one olive grove that began at the coast and spanned inland, we saw thousands of beautiful olive trees, each tree oddly perched on a very large, knarled tree stump."
By Shane Fernando
Sights, sounds and tastes constantly stoke memories of good times and good people.
Commentator Shane Fernando lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.