Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue November 10, 2009
"At one olive grove that began at the coast and spanned inland, we saw thousands of beautiful olive trees, each tree oddly perched on a very large, knarled tree stump."
By Shane Fernando
Sights, sounds and tastes constantly stoke memories of good times and good people.
Commentator Shane Fernando lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.