Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Mon January 8, 2007
Old Sinclair Service Station Saved
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The deteriorating Sinclair service station in historic Wilmington will be renovated into an office building.
Executive Director of Historic Wilmington George Edwards says a Connecticut tug boat operator will turn the early 20th Century gas station into his office. Edwards says for years prospectors have been looking at the old Market Street gas station.
It's exciting to see it come off the list. I think it's one of those delightful little buildings that can add the streets of our city so much.
Edwards says the owners need to finish up some paper work before construction can begin.
Historic Wilmington announced the sale of the Sinclair gas station during its call for nominations for its list of most threatened places.