Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon January 8, 2007
Old Sinclair Service Station Saved
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The deteriorating Sinclair service station in historic Wilmington will be renovated into an office building.
Executive Director of Historic Wilmington George Edwards says a Connecticut tug boat operator will turn the early 20th Century gas station into his office. Edwards says for years prospectors have been looking at the old Market Street gas station.
It's exciting to see it come off the list. I think it's one of those delightful little buildings that can add the streets of our city so much.
Edwards says the owners need to finish up some paper work before construction can begin.
Historic Wilmington announced the sale of the Sinclair gas station during its call for nominations for its list of most threatened places.