Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fri October 7, 2011
For Obama, Good News From New Jobs Report
The economy added 103,000 jobs last month, but the unemployment rate stayed at 9.1 percent. That's according to Friday's report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Friday also marks the 10-year anniversary of the war in Afghanistan. Meanwhile, Sarah Palin and Chris Christie recently announced they'd sit out of the GOP presidential race. Michel Martin talks politics with Cynthia Tucker, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, and Mindy Finn, former advisor for Mitt Romney's 2008 presidential campaign.