Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
This Is NPR
Mon June 18, 2012
NPR In The News: NPR Music
Originally published on Tue October 16, 2012 2:23 pm
NPR Music Director and Executive Producer Anya Grundmann was profiled last week as part of Fast Company's "Innovation Agents" series, which showcases the personalities behind "the ideas that shake up business as usual":
Charged with creating a multiplatform experience to encompass and build upon the music programming produced by NPR and its local public-radio affiliate stations, Grundmann has encouraged both artistic and technological experimentation. As a result, while commercial radio has become ever more consolidated and conservative, NPR Music has become ever more eclectic and innovative, broadening its offerings and its audience.
In other news, NPR Music's Bob Boilen and Robin Hilton are taking All Songs Considered on the road for their own summer tour. The sold-out run of shows got rolling last week with a listening party in New York.
Monday, the guys brought the show to a crowd at Chicago's Double Door concert hall. A.V. Club Chicago announced the event, and Bob joined Afternoon Shift from NPR Member Station WBEZ in ahead of the event to talk about "his own journey from synthesizer geek to music industry titan."
Check out some photos from the listening party at Double Door below: