Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
This Is NPR
Mon June 11, 2012
NPR In The News: The Car Talk Edition
Originally published on Tue October 16, 2012 2:13 pm
It probably made Tom and Ray Magliozzi proud that many media outlets used their best - or maybe worst - car puns to headline Car Talk's news last week.
Cable news networks paid tribute Friday night to the brothers' and the 35 years of laughter, automobile guidance and occasional relationship advice they brought to listeners:
ABC News: 'Click and Clack' Radio Host Go Dark
- CBS News and NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams also announced the news.
- Huffington Post Entertainment put together a Car Talk inspired playlist, which included tracks from Queen, Beastie Boys, Bruce Springsteen & many others. Take a listen.
- The Inquisitr shared an animated cameo of the brothers on the PBS show Arthur:
- Silvia Killingsworth's essay in The New Yorker shed light on what the show means to Bostonians, pointed out some of the wittier Tweets that came out of the day...
@ken147 I'm Click and he's Clack
...and answered the puzzler of all puzzlers: "How do you get to do what you love for thirty-five years and still be successful? You manage to be to be smart, funny, and helpful, all at the same time."
- Small Business Trends distilled what small business can learn from Click and Clack's weekly advice to listeners.
- Nieman Journalism Lab offered a look back at the show's 35-year history, with interviews from Car Talk Executive Producer Doug Berman and longtime NPR correspondent Susan Stamberg.