Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu March 8, 2007
North Topsail Police Chief Arrested
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – North Topsail Police Chief Daniel Salese has been arrested.
The North Carolina Attorney General's Office says the State Buerau of Investigation arrested Salese Thursday on one count of misdemeanor larceny and one county of misdemeanor obstruction of justice.
In a released statement, the Attorney General's office says the Onslow County District Attorney's Office requested an investigation into the possible theft of $200 of town funds, and the arrest is the result of that investigation.
Salese was released Thursday afternoon on an unsecured $3,000 bond.