Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Wed October 7, 2009
Nine Lives: Genesis
"As he hit the water, it struck him that he had just done a foolish thing. He was not tethered to the boat. He did not anticipate the wind that blew up and caught the bimeni top and propelled the whaler off into a current that quickly sped north. He watched as the boat receded over the waves."
By Nan Graham
Wilmington, NC – It is not only a day which changed one life but changed a whole family's life. A gift that should make us think twice about organ donation.
Nan Graham's WHQR commentaries can be found in her books, "In a Magnolia Minute," and "Turn South at the Next Magnolia." Her website is nangraham.com