Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- CoastLine: Foster Care in New Hanover County
- In the MC Erny Gallery: Pieced Together by Elizabeth Singletary and Robert Salemme
Wed March 28, 2012
NHCo. Teacher Assistant Arrested for Indecent Liberties with Student
A teacher assistant at Ashley High School has been arrested and charged for indecent liberties with a 17-year-old female student.
WHQR’s Michelle Bliss reports that Dishon White turned himself in to New Hanover County Sheriff’s detectives Tuesday night after resigning from his post at the school.
New Hanover County Sheriff’s detectives arrested White and placed him in the county detention facility under a $15,000 bond.
The arrest warrant states that the offense occurred some time between November of last year and February. The charge of Indecent Liberties with a Student is a felony.
White started working with New Hanover County schools back in 2009.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Please email the WHQR News Team.