Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri September 14, 2012
New Lifetime Pilot to Film in ILM
Production offices for another new film project in the Port City will open this week, according to the Wilmington Regional Film Commission. WHQR’s Sara Wood reports the Lifetime pilot Witches of East End begins shooting next month.
The pilot is based on the best-selling novel and will star actress Julia Ormond, whose recent projects include My Week with Marilyn and Mad Men. The story centers on the adventures of a quiet art teacher who conceals a shocking secret from her two daughters: that they are witches. Fox 21 will produce the pilot, the same company responsible for Showtime’s award-winning series, Homeland, which also films in North Carolina. Witches of East End will shoot for 10 days in the middle of next month.