Wilmington, NC – New Hanover County officials expect to lift the ban on new building permits in areas served by the Northeast Interceptor sewer line today.
According to a county press release, on Wednesday, the state Division of Water Quality gave local officials the okay to lift the ban. However, the county says it is waiting for further clarification from the DWQ, which is expected today.
The ban covers areas roughly east of Market Street and South College Road, including commercial hubs like Mayfaire, and all of Wrightsville Beach.
County officials banned all new connections to the NEI earlier this month, after state officials said proposals to reduce flow on the line were insufficient.
An on-going moratium on major connections to the NEI remains in effect.