Most Active Stories
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Oh! Christmas Tree" by Mary Kaye Hester
- Representative Susi Hamilton Speaks Out on State's New Tax Reform Package
- Wilmington Housing Authority Seeks Social Equity-Minded Partners
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Crying with Santa" by Katharine Frazier
- Waste Part I: Managing the New Commodity
Tue November 14, 2006
New Hanover County Reject Nourishment Plan
By Gary Popp
Wilmington, NC – New Hanover County commissioners rejected a proposal to pick up the tab for dredging the Carolina Beach Inlet and pump the sand onto Carolina Beach.
Board chairman Bobby Greer says this job is usually paid for by the federal government.
Now, they are saying no, we're not going to do it, you pay for it. And I don't think that should be the responsibility of the local government.
One county official said passing the proposal to pay for dredging Carolina Beach Inlet would set an expensive precedent for New Hanover County.