Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue August 10, 2010
"While this piece of clothing has endured as a major tool of male conformity in industrial and modern times, in the post-modern era, this article of clothing now contributes much to my own individuality."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC – A traditional icon of conventionality can now be a symbol of individuality.
Shane Fernando lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.