Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fri November 4, 2011
NC Hosts Tax Holiday on Energy Efficient Appliances
North Carolina shoppers who buy energy-saving appliances this weekend won't have to pay sales tax. The tax holiday began today and continues through Sunday.
Savings apply to qualified products that meet Energy Star efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy.
Qualified products may include items like clothes washers, freezers, refrigerators, central air conditioners, ceiling fans, and dehumidifiers, among others. Also, purchases by businesses are not tax-free.
Learn more about Energy Star appliances.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Please email the WHQR News Team.