Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue August 28, 2007
NC 2007 SAT Scores Are Out
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The 2007 SAT scores are out and New Hanover County Schools came out above the state average.
New Hanover County also topped Pender and Brunswick for the percentage of students who participated in the SAT.
Brunswick County saw a drop in the SAT score from this year to last by 23 points.
The new top score for the SAT is 2400. North Carolina's average is 1486, that's down from last year.
State Board of Education Chairman Howard Lee says the good news is that more young people are taking the test, and getting used to tougher tests in general.
Click here to view the NC breakdown.
2007 At A Glance
US Average SAT 1511
NC Average SAT 1486
Brunswick Average SAT 1444
New Hanover Average SAT 1508
Onslow Average SAT 1449
Pender Average SAT 1438
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com.