Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fri August 3, 2007
Navassa To Revise Land Use Plan
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The Navassa Town Council voted yesterday to send the town's land use plan back to the town's planning board.
In the crowded Navassa town hall Mayor Pro-Tem Jerry Merrick argued that the revision of the land use plan was not specific enough when it came to the development of marinas. Currently the plan says that it encourages marina development, but does not say what kind or how many.
Taking into consideration our waterways and our environment, once it's gone it's gone. So we're hoping that we can protect some of our natural resources to the best of our ability.
Navassa mayor Eulis Willis opposed sending the land use plan back to the planning board, but all four town councilors voted in favor.
The planning committee will reconvene on August 15th to discuss changes.