Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri August 3, 2007
Navassa To Revise Land Use Plan
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The Navassa Town Council voted yesterday to send the town's land use plan back to the town's planning board.
In the crowded Navassa town hall Mayor Pro-Tem Jerry Merrick argued that the revision of the land use plan was not specific enough when it came to the development of marinas. Currently the plan says that it encourages marina development, but does not say what kind or how many.
Taking into consideration our waterways and our environment, once it's gone it's gone. So we're hoping that we can protect some of our natural resources to the best of our ability.
Navassa mayor Eulis Willis opposed sending the land use plan back to the planning board, but all four town councilors voted in favor.
The planning committee will reconvene on August 15th to discuss changes.