Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
- CoastLine: Beach Renourishment as Shoreline Protection Tool
- Residents Fight Mark Twain National Forest Restoration Plan
- North Topsail working to Remove Rocks on Beach; Requesting Extension on Sand Project
Wed October 1, 2003
Nan Graham - Sign Language
A Veteran of Burma Shave sign days, Nan Graham, a card carrying sign-reader, thinks the Bible Belt has a real flair for epigrammatic wit.
By WHQR public radio
Wilmington NC – Along the many quaint roads in the South, Commentator Nan Graham has noticed that there are signs everywhere.
Nan Graham is a lecturer in English at UNCW and a lifelong Southerner. Her book and tape "Turn South at the Next Magnolia" is available at bookstores.