Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue July 7, 2009
"The Euphrates River below glistened like diamonds... the rich blue of its water, rivaling Caribbean seas. Everyone sang out in joy and applauded."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC – This week, commentator Shane Fernando, speaking of recent travels to Turkey, discusses how some events gain meaning when experienced as a community.
Shane Fernando lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.