Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue July 7, 2009
"The Euphrates River below glistened like diamonds... the rich blue of its water, rivaling Caribbean seas. Everyone sang out in joy and applauded."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC – This week, commentator Shane Fernando, speaking of recent travels to Turkey, discusses how some events gain meaning when experienced as a community.
Shane Fernando lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.