Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue July 7, 2009
"The Euphrates River below glistened like diamonds... the rich blue of its water, rivaling Caribbean seas. Everyone sang out in joy and applauded."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC – This week, commentator Shane Fernando, speaking of recent travels to Turkey, discusses how some events gain meaning when experienced as a community.
Shane Fernando lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.