Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Sun May 12, 2013
'More Than A Count,' Infant Mortality Is Societal Struggle
Originally published on Sun May 12, 2013 6:55 am
Infant mortality is an important indicator of the health of a nation, and decades-long efforts to improve birth outcomes are finally having an impact. Host Rachel Martin speaks with experts in the medical field who are working to promote healthy pregnancies and reduce infant mortality.