Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri December 9, 2005
Moravian Candle Tea, a Wilmington Christmas Tradition
For more than twenty years, Wilmington's Covenant Moravian church has hosted their annual candle tea on the first Saturday in December. Moravians are world's oldest Protestant denomination -- they predate Luther and the Reformation -- but also, until recent years, one of its smallest. WHQR's Megan Williams went to Covenant to talk with Pastor Jon Peterson about the festival, and the church's future.
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington, NC, December 9, 2005 – Reverend Jon Peterson is the pastor of Covenant Moravian Church.