Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Wed June 13, 2012
Of Monsters And Men Brings Out The Sun
Originally published on Wed July 2, 2014 4:06 pm
Even before the gates had opened on the first day of the Sasquatch! Music Festival over Memorial Day weekend, we managed to get backstage of the Gorge Amphitheater to capture a live session with one of the hottest new bands to hit the festival circuit, Of Monsters and Men. No strangers to natural beauty, the Icelanders were nevertheless stunned by the picturesque backdrop of the Gorge as they performed "Mountain Sound," one of the new songs added to the American release of their debut album.
"We sleep until the sun goes down," they sang repeatedly while the sun instead broke through the clouds as if called out by the song's radiant optimism. The band will continue to thrill fans in larger and larger venues, but it's private moments like this when Of Monsters and Men best displays its natural charm.
Producers: Jim Beckmann, Scott Holpainen; Videographers: Jim Beckmann, Mito Habe-Evans, Scott Holpainen; Audio Engineers: Matt Ogaz, Kevin Wait; Editor: Scott Holpainen; Coordinator: Saidah Blount; Special thanks to: Sasquatch! Music Festival, Live Nation