Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Mon July 16, 2012
Military Under Pressure To Crack Down On Sex Abuse
Originally published on Mon July 16, 2012 6:22 pm
Court martial began Monday for Sergeant Luis Walker. He is accused of rape, aggravated sexual assault and other charges as part of an investigation into sexual abuse at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas. Walker is one of 12 instructors accused of abusing young female recruits. The scandal is calling into question the military's "zero tolerance" policy on sexual assault. Larry Abramson talks to Robert Siegel.