Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri March 23, 2012
Michigan State Is First No. 1 Seed To Be Bounced
Originally published on Fri March 23, 2012 8:01 am
Tough defense by Louisville led to the defeat Thursday night of Michigan State in the NCAA men's basketball tournament, NPR's Mike Pesca said earlier on Morning Edition.
The Spartans, who lost to Louisville 57-44, are the first of the four No. 1 regional seeds to be sent home.
Syracuse, another No. 1 seed, managed to hang on with a 64-63 win over Wisconsin. In Thursday's other two games, Florida beat Marquette 68-58 and Ohio State thumped Cincinnati, 81-66.
Play resumes tonight to see which other teams make it into the "Elite Eight."
Among the many places to see the bracket: CBSSports.com.